Argentina’s style of play in the friendly against Venezuela, seemed sluggish at best - an entire team designed with one objective - leverage Messi’s style of play, much like Portugal which is designed to support and leverage CR7. The strategy results in Argentina trying to get the ball to the midfield and then relying on Messi to come up with some magic to take it to the goal. Portugal meanwhile, has the entire team working to get the ball closer to the goal to feed CR7 resulting in a more aggressive style of play reaping more benefits as we frequently notice. The World Cup was a very obvious reflection of this too, the entire Argentinian team was determined to slow the pace to support an aging cast while finding ways to unleash Messi. Can’t deny that Messi could create one of those weaving pathways on cue every week for Barcelona FC, but I guess its easier to find the space to show your magic when you have a Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets sharing the midfield. Th...
My dad always knew I didn't fall in the high IQ category and desperately wanted me to learn a skill that would keep me afloat, so there I was, forced to sit amidst 30 girls (yeah learning how to type was back then a 'girly' thing), and battle the sticky n rickety keyboard on a 1970s Remington - my father was drafting a future as a 'typist' for me, hell I don't blame him, what better for someone who never passed a single exam in school on his first attempt. Well, I did learn to like it with time, as much for the fact that I could type faster than most in the class as for the pretty lady who sat next to me in my class. Quite often I could hear a strange synchronisation in our typewriter's cluttering noise, got me thinking...maybe...we were meant to meet…destiny…(!background romantic music!) Anyway, she disappeared one day and I went on to pass my typewriting exams. This certification was something I preferred not to discuss with anyone. Years later, d...
Comments